IN MEMORIUM

ALBERT JESSE PERKINS
Dec. 22 1925 - Nov. 7 2008

It seems strange writing out his full name up there as, to me, he was just... Dad.

The pertinent facts are these : Dad had been suffering from Alzheimer's for the past few years and, after falling and enduring a stroke last week, he spent the last few days of his astounding life surrounded by those he loved and those who loved him. He was peaceful and calm at the end of the day on Friday - opened his eyes, lifted up his hands to greet those around him one final time and then slipped away.

He was probably the most generous, kind-hearted and selfless person I have ever had the privilege of knowing and loving and those who knew him, or even just had a passing acquaintance with him, would attest to this. He would help out anyone and would offer conversation and friendship to all. If this makes him sound like some kind of hero then, really, it's because that's what he was to me, my brothers and his grandchildren.

There are countless memories of my Dad and my brothers and I know that we're immensely lucky to have had a Dad about whom we can sit back, laugh, smile and remember fondly. If I have inherited only half of his personality and character attributes then I'm a very rich man, indeed.


We'll miss you - but no one could ever forget you.


Comments

Unknown said…
So sorry for your loss, Mike.
Anonymous said…
mike your dad was pure gold ,funny caring thoughtful very giving and a wonderful character ,im sorry for your loss i've emailed you and i'll be thinking of you all at this sad time .
Anonymous said…
Very sorry to hear this, Mike!
My thoughts are with you.
HUGS!
Anonymous said…
Mike,

I was so sorry to hear your sad news about your dad. Jon was kind enough to inform me.

My thoughts are with you and your family at what must be a difficult time for you all. Take consolation in the knowledge that he was so loved and appreciated and was able to pass on such warmth to those whose lives he touched.

Sincerest regards,
Stu (Lowestoft)
JC said…
Mister Perkins,

Obviously I did not know your dad, but I can tell from your words here, and from the little I am blessed to know you that he was an amazing man who has left a wonderful legacy that continues to bless others. Our prayers are with you both.

Jeff, Deb, Nathan, Matthias and Susanna
Tim Perkins said…
Hi Mike,

I have just heard about your Dad and I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

You have great memories of him and his love for you all.

My wife's Dad, Ralph died last year on November 10th, so we have just celebrated that - Yes that's right celebrated it. It was very sad, but like you, we have some great memories.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this very sad time.

Best Wishes,
Tim (your convention brother)...

Popular Posts