REFLECTING

Over on Comic Book Resources is Robert Taylor's Reflections, where a bunch of us comic creator people contemplate upon the best comics 2008 gave us :





http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=19281





I'd also like to add Locke and Key by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez



I've only just bought and read this over the weekend and it's fantastic - I heartily recommend it if you like your thrills even slightly twisted. Joe Hill writes a masterful plot and spot on dialogue for his characters - each one of them a gem. I truly don't know if I can wait for the next series to be collected - I may be tracking them down each month at the comic shop.

Gabriel Rodriguez's artwork creeps up on you perfectly. Taking in consideration it's inherent cartoonishness ( almost Phil Bondish - which is definately no bad thing in my book) it socks you over the head when the true horror is perpetrated. Perfect.

Comments

Popular Posts